If you are currently trying to figure out where to go on your next vacation, one place that you should certainly consider is Hong Kong. Hong Kong is a vibrant place with so much to offer, ranging from luscious, natural scenery to the huge skyscrapers. The culture is amazing, as are the people, and there is so much to see and do. With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the reasons why you should make Hong Kong your next holiday destination.
- Outlying islands to explore – When travelling Hong Kong, not only do you get the magic of the city, but there are so many incredible islands, which are less than an hour away. You could go rock-climbing in Tung Lung Chau, experience the crystal blue waters of Ma Dai Stream, or take a bike ride in Cheung Chau. The options are endless.
- Shopping – It would not be right to mention Hong Kong without talking about shopping. It is known as a shopping mecca, and there is something for all budgets. If you want to embrace local brands, PMQ is a good place to start. For luxurious and modern Chinese Fashion, Shanghai Tang is ideal. Plus, you also have the Ladies Market and Temple Street Night Market, which are experiences in themselves.
- Street art – Some of the street art in Hong Kong is breathtaking. This is a new and thriving art scene in Sheung Wan especially. The whimsical and creative street art could rival the likes of Shoreditch, London.
- Tranquil getaways – While Hong Kong is known for the hustle and bustle, it can also be one of the most peaceful places in the world. Even if you book hotel in Hong Kong Central, you can easily escape the crowds, as there are numerous cultural sports situated throughout the city. The Chi Lin Nunnery is a great example of this. It is a stunning place, featuring traditional architecture from the Tang Dynasty, bonsai tea plants, and lotus ponds.
- Cruising on a junk – If you visit Hong Kong, cruising on a junk is a must. Take a trip on one of the iconic red-sailed Chinese junks down Victoria Harbour.
- Horse racing – Horse racing has huge in Hong Kong. There are some of the world’s best flat races hosted in Hong Kong. However, if you’re not visiting on a key festival date, don’t worry, as horse racing occurs every Sunday and Wednesday at both Sha Tin and Happy Valley’s racecourses.
- Dim Sum – Last but not least, the food is truly delicious. Many would agree that the city does dim sum best. From juicy dumplings to pan-fried rice rolls, you will enjoy a scrumptious feast every day while on holiday here.
So there you have it: some of the main reasons why you should make Hong Kong your next holiday destination. From the tasty cuisine and the street art to the shopping options and amazing outlying islands, it truly is an incredible destination.